Plenary sessions on family changes around the globe are planned and noted international family scholars will be invited to deliver keynote speeches. Parallel sessions will allow up to 60-70 oral presentations, in addition to several concurrent poster sessions.
The conference theme encompasses a wide range of potential research topics on family from sociological, demographic, economic, psychological, and educational perspectives. To list several possible session titles:
– Changing family structures and family relations
– Changing marriage patterns in East Asia
– Family and migration
– Family transitions and well-being for children and adults
– Aging families: grandparenthood, elderly care
– Family values: ideational shifts on family change
– Balancing work and family in the global age
– Family influences on educational and occupational attainment
– Intergenerational relations
– Comparative family studies
– Emerging youth issues on the transition to adulthood
– Institutional impacts on the family and policy responses to family changes
The local organizing committee also welcomes other suggestions. Please email Zhao Kebin (email@example.com), Deputy Director of Institute of Sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
If you’re interested in this conference, please observe the following timetable:
Deadline to submit an abstract: January 31st, 2016
Notification of the status of your submission: February 29th, 2016
Due date for the full paper: May 15th, 2016
Please send your abstract to Dr. Yu Jia: firstname.lastname@example.org
More specific information regarding the logistics will be posted on the conference website.