Wishing friends in RC06 happy and healthy holidays.
And may 2021 be a better year for us all!
University of Victoria
To honor the memory of Dr Michael Rush, the Journal of Family Studies is soliciting articles for a Special Issue to be published in 2022.
The Journal of Family Studies is seeking manuscripts in the area where Dr Rush contributed most: the politics of fatherhood in comparative perspective.
In particular, we welcome papers on the following topics:
- Politics of fatherhood: applications and critical appraisals of Michael Rush’s concept of varieties of worlds of fatherhood policies;
- Historical shifts in roles for fathers and men’s involvement in care;
- Gender and social policy reforms around fatherhood in Europe and beyond;
- Feminisms and social policy: state feminism, welfare models in comparative perspective, feminist theory and the role for men in family and society.
This is a two-step process. We ask interested authors to submit a paper proposal (an abstract) first by e-mail to Dorota Szelewa firstname.lastname@example.org, by 15 February 2021.
The proposal should include:
- a tentative title and list of authors with institutional affiliation and contact details of at least one author,
- an outline of the proposed submission with the topic, research question, methodology, expected results (whenever empirical analysis is planned), and the main argument, altogether around 300-500 words,
- all abstracts should indicate the link to and inspiration of Michael’s Rush work.
Papers using various types of methodologies and research approaches are welcome although comparative studies are preferred. We invite proposals for Original Articles as well as Review Articles.
For the complete call with schedule details go to:
Our second and final newsletter of 2020 is now available – please find it in the ‘Newsletters’ tab or here.
This Gazette includes recent publications of our members, announcements, a list of new members, and much more.
RC06 wishes all members a wonderful festive season.
RC06 members voted online on the proposed revised RC06 statutes. The revisions passed and the new statutes are now on file with ISA and appear on our website. The new statutes include an expansion of the RC06 Board by two members who will be tasked with communications. Please find new statutes here