Dates: September 12-14, 2011ã€€*Excursion tours will be organized on 15th*
Venue: Kyoto University, Japan
Additional deadline for abstracts for poster presentation: June 5, 2011
Due to cancellations by some of our participants in the Poster Sessions of the ISA RC06 International Seminar on “Reconstruction of Intimate and Public Spheres in a Global Perspectiveâ€ to be held in Kyoto in September, the organizing committee has decided to make an additional call for papers for poster presentations.
The sample topics to be covered are:
– The state, market and the family/intimacy
– Welfare state retrenchment and the family/intimacy
– Community and the family/intimacy
– Globalization and the family/intimacy
– Migration and the family/intimacy
– The family/intimacy in post-communist societies
– The impact of super-national organizations on the family/intimacy
– Media and the family/intimacy
– Population ageing and the family/intimacy
– Religion and the family/intimacy
Please send your abstract (200-300 words with five keywords, also with your name, affiliation, position, address, and e-mail address) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5, 2011. You will be notified by the middle of June 2011 of the status of your proposal. The deadline of full paper will be July 20.
Those whose paper proposals were declined in February by the organizing committee may also submit a new refined paper proposal.
Membership is not a prerequisite for the proposal submission. Prior to the final program is compiled, however, authors are required to register for RC06 (CFR) membership. If the membership registration is not completed by the end of July 2011, authors’ names will be deleted from the program. Four-year membership registration fees are $40 for regular members, and $10 for student members.